What is Anti-Spam ?
E-mail has become the subject of much abuse, in the form of spamming and e-mail worm programs. Both flood the in-boxes of E-mail users with junk E-mails, wasting their time and money, and often carrying offensive, fraudulent, or damaging content.
The continuing increase in spam has resulted in rapid growth in the number of people using e-mail filtering programs, in other words software that examines incoming email and separates spam from genuine email messages (also called ham). Unwanted e-mail can be filtered in this way at the desktop level (the individual user’s computer) or before, for example at the network email server/email gateway or the Internet service provider’s e-mail gateway. While network managers and ISPs can choose hardened email security appliances or e-mail filtering services or software designed to block or filter out both spam and viruses, desktop users are frequently limited to a software-based solution.
How can XSGateway help you ?
XSGateway is the only solution on the market that is proven to automatically protect your LAN from over 98% of spam, fraud and viruses, with zero false positives.
– Black lists : checks if the sending server is in a RBL (Realtime Blackhole List), dial-up or open-relay server list.
– DNS verification : checks if the sender is using a valid mail server.
– Anti-spoofing : blocks email masquerading as coming from within the organization – a common spam technique.
– Header verifier : inspects various header signatures and blocks spam.
– Heuristic analysis : detects and provides spam blocker based on various email characteristics.
– Textual analysis : categorizes spam according to textual content like mortgages, pornography, dental care, etc.
– Spam signatures : an auto-updating spam database allows spam detection and spam blocker according to smart signatures.
– Spam URL filtering : blocks email with links to spam sources and sponsors.
– Auto-updating database : Local or remote spam blocker database based on thousands of spam collecting bots and web crawlers.