What is Web Caching & Acceleration ?
Web caching is the caching of web documents (e.g., HTML pages, images) in order to reduce bandwidth usage, server load, and perceived “lag”. A web cache stores copies of documents passing through it; subsequent requests may be satisfied from the cache if certain conditions are met.
A web accelerator is a proxy server that reduces web site access times. Web accelerators may use several techniques to achieve this reduction. Web accelerators may cache recently or frequently accessed documents so they may be sent to the client with less latency or at a faster transfer rate than the remote server could. Web accelerators may freshen objects in the cache ensuring that frequently accessed content is readily available for display.
Do you require Web Caching / Acceleration ?
You may require Web Caching/Acceleration for plenty of reasons :
– You have a very large Network and are look to Save heavily on Internet Bandwidth.
– Your LAN computers are accessing commonly visited sites.
– You want that the web pages, especially heavy content like images to open up faster, at subsequent occurence.
– You want to reduce website access time and improve on faster turn-around time.
How can XSGateway help you ?
– Inbuilt Web & FTP Cache
– Supports Caching of HTML pages, images and other static Web documents only.