What is Firewall ?
The firewall can be thought of as a pair of mechanisms: one which exists to block traffic, and the other which exists to permit traffic. Technically, it is a system or group of systems that enforces an access control policy between two or more networks.
The Internet, like any other society, is plagued with the kind of high-tech mischieves who enjoy playing with other people’s computers/networks, peeping into their PCs/Servers, or wipping their mailboxes off, or hacking their important data/code, or just sitting in their network creating havoc. Moreover, with more people shifting to DSL/CableNet, these always-on connections make networks more vulnerable to attack. Some people try to get real work done over the Internet, and others have sensitive or proprietary data they must protect. Usually, a firewall’s purpose is to keep the hackers out of your network while still letting you get your job done. While, the job of the Firewall is to Protect & Guard your network, you concentrate on your business.
Do you require Firewall ?
If you are doing any of :
– Software/Code Development
– Web, Ftp or Email Hosting
– Use Public/Live IPs on your LAN/Server Zone
– Archieve/Store any vital Data on your Internal network
– Run Databases or ERP in your organization
– Require to Restrict/Allow access to resources from Internet to your Office or Vice-versa.
and you dont answers or solutions to :
“I have a very critical data on my Public servers, I want to restrict access to it from the Internet.”
“We have a Server Zone in our office, we only want to allow access to its Web Service (i.e. Http) from the Internet. Also, our internal LAN users must be able to access its FTP & Web Services only (Ftp & Http).”
“We want to create a DMZ (DeMilitarised Zone) for our servers in the Network.”
“My ERP database is important to me. I want it to be safe & protected, no body should be able to reach it.”
“I am always nervous about somebody hacking in our network and using its resources to do unwanted mischievious tasks.”
How can XSGateway help you ?
– Stateful Firewall at Gateway level (Perimeter firewall at boundary of your Network).
– Block Malicious & Unauthorised traffic from entering your Network.
– Create Firewall rules to filter packets/traffic .
– Prioritise Firewall Rules.
– Log packets going to-and-fro through the gateway.
– Allow Access to authorised Mail Servers only (POP/SMTP).
– Blocks Spam Mails from Virus infected Machine inside your Network.
– Complete Network Protection.
– Create robust Firewall to your Server Zone (DMZ).